Hi, I bought a Maine Coon kitten from a breeder, Shannon BALOGOUN (currently Bouhia) and paid her $1800 plus $400 for transportation by plain.The payment was done via money order which I sent using Priority mail I have all the receipts.

I sent her three checks for the amount of $2,200 in total. First she tried to sell me a kitten with a problem with his ear. It turned out the kitten had a polyp in one of his ears. I refused to buy this kitten.

She refused to return the money when I requested them. She said she can sell me another kitten but that I would have to wait for another litter. I had to wait for about half a year for another litter. Finally, she sent me a kitten but the problem is she sold me another kitten with a problem with his eye (this time), which I discovered when I received the kitten.

This problem according to the several veterinarians, which I visited, the kitten got from his birth. I spent additional ~$1,300 for the medical expenses including a surgery and post-treatment, re-checks and medication. The breeder was supposed to either send me another kitten or pay for all the medical expenses. When I wrote the breeder on Facebook (which is the only place she uses to sell her cats (she most likely doesn't pay taxes), with the request to cover the medical expenses, she blocked me on Facebook and doesn't reply my phone calls and text messages.

I am not sure how I can proceed now. Also, she said she would send me all the documents for the kitten once I neuter the kitten when he is 8 month old, but she doesnt reply all my messages about these documents after I provided the proof of neutering. What should I do?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcomed.Thank you.

Review about: Bad Cat Breeders Maine Coon Cat.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: coverage ofd medical expenses.

Had an Experience with Bad Cat Breeders?

Comments